Search The Internet

Custom Search

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

One Of My Favourite Photos

There's been a lot of great wedding images over the past few years, however this one really stands out in my mind.


This image is totally unposed and probably something I couldnt 100% replicate if I tried! The couple were having their reception near the beach and really wanted to have some sunset shots. Rather than giving them any direction I decided to hang back at a distance and just let them do what they wanted to do.
I had two cameras with me, one with a wide angle lens and one with a telephoto. We managed to get a great series of images as they enjoyed some private time away from everyone else, watching the sun go down.
This particular image was taken with the wide angle lens, the reason it stands out to me is the beautiful colour cast created by the sunset, the light rays coming from the sun and that extra little touch of the seagull gliding nearby.
Other than a slight exposure adjustment and a slight increase in colour saturation there has been no further modification in photoshop etc.
What do you think??

No comments:

Post a Comment