Search The Internet

Custom Search

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Fisheye Lens

Well despite posting in various locations about Nikon Australia or any Adelaide Camera Retailers providing some sponsorship in the form of a 10.5mm Fisheye lens, no-one came to the party and after some debate purchased it myself.

What a fun lens to use. In the studio I've been experimenting with some up close portraits which create some really humourous caricture type photos.

I've had three weddings to do since the purchase and have used the lens on all three. Took some amazing photos inside St Laurences Catholic Church and by the Adelaide University footbridge, a couple of nice ones at semaphore near the lighthouse and some excellent photos at Camelot castle. I will post some here as soon as I can.

Don't worry about the distortion on this lens, if used intentionally and appropriately you can get some amazing results. As for correcting the distortion in software so far I would have to say I am unimpressed with the result from Capture NX, you will lose a lot of the image and end up with horrible blurring on the edges of the image. I'm yet to try the well regarded Fisheye Hemi or experiment with distortion controls in Photoshop, but at the end of the day you would probably be better off using a 12-24mm or similar if your looking for wide angle with minimal distortion.

As usual check our website http://www.ctrphotos.com/ for more details about our services

No comments:

Post a Comment